Dirk has worked in intellectual property since 1996.
His professional experience covers patent drafting, German and EPO and international patent prosecution, German and EPO opposition and appeal proceedings, patent litigation, German and EUIPO trade mark law. Besides work in German and European cases, Dirk is steadily handling patent application files also in other countries, such as USA, China and Australia.
The technical areas he covers include mechanical and electrical engineering, with specific expertise in:
- automotive engineering (brake systems, air conditioning systems, exhaust systems, accumulators, rail vehicles);
- computer, information and communication technology;
- control technology (for domestic appliances and household automation);
- defence technology (armour and projectiles);
- electronics (inverters, display panels, solar technology);
- mechanics (esp. furniture, ground treatment, construction materials);
- measurement technology and sensor technology; and
- semiconductor technology.
Dirk is a member of:
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property and Copyrights (GRUR);
- Association of Intellectual Property Experts (VPP); and
- Bavarian Association of Patent Attorneys (BayPat).