Page White and Farrer is a signatory to the IP Inclusive Charter and is committed to supporting equality, diversity and inclusion in the intellectual property sector. We promote these three principles in all aspect of employment practice, including recruitment, career development and workplace ethos.
IP Inclusive is a body made up of a group of businesses looking for ways to encourage greater diversity in the sector including:
- the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA);
- the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA);
- the IP Federation; and
- the UK association of the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI-UK).
We support equality, diversity and inclusion by:
- having an appointed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Jeff Daniels.
- having a written Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy and making everyone aware of it;
- promoting openness and transparency and providing equal opportunities in recruitment and career progression.
- acknowledging the effects of unconscious bias and introducing measures to tackle it;
- monitoring and reporting internally on our progress;
- sharing our experience within the IP Inclusive community to help build an effective network for equality, diversity and inclusion across the intellectual property sector.
As well as being Charter signatories we have also recently sponsored the IP Inclusive website Careers in Ideas, an initiative created for anyone considering a career in the world of intellectual property. It provides support and information to educate young people about their future choices and resources for schools, teachers and career advisors.