www.pagewhite.com is the marketing website for Page, White & Farrer Limited and Page, White & Farrer Germany LLP, collectively the Page White and Farrer (PWF) group of companies. PWF is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information you provide.
The firm is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified when using www.pagewhite.com, we will only use it in accordance with this privacy statement.
PWF may change this policy occasionally and this policy will be updated. This policy is effective from 21 May 2018.
We collect data for the legitimate purposes of answering enquiries that you have requested. We comply with our legal obligations and collect information for this purpose. By sending this enquiry, you consent to us processing your data.
What we collect
We do not collect personally identifiable information about you – such as your name, company, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address – unless you choose to: fill out a ‘Contact Us’ form, found on many of the pages of the site; or email us; or write to us; or phone us.
We will process this information to enable us to reply and answer any queries. We will add you to a database or marketing mailing list if you have given your express consent.
We do collect non-personally identifiable information when you visit our website (through cookies) such as the type of device you are using, the domain name of the internet service provider and browser type. We use technology to look at which pages of the website our visitors view, their IP addresses and if links to other websites are used. We use this information to understand user behaviour on our website. This technology does not identify you personally.
Should you choose to submit a CV we will use the information it contains only for the application process. We process your data as a legitimate business interest in line with the firm’s overall recruitment policy.
If we do not use personal data then we may be unable to reply to your query or respond to a job application.
We take no responsibility about the safety of the information you choose to submit to us via email or the internet. It may be collected in transit by others.
How we use information about you
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To respond to an enquiry.
- To provide you with the services, information and updates you have requested.
- To improve content/design of our website.
- To market our services, send news or invite you to events.
- To compile anonymous statistics, such as website usage statistics.
- To fulfil legal obligations.
- To issue invoices, manage your IP portfolio and to collect payments.
- To comply with regulatory and legal obligations such as anti-money laundering, anti-bribery or anti-fraud.
- To manage our business performance, assessing client satisfaction, conducting tests on new or existing systems.
- To resolve any issues caused by a fault or problem with our website.
- We will not share, rent, or sell your personally identifiable information outside the firm, except where we are required to share your information with any third parties who provide services on our behalf (for example our marketing agency and our website agency/host). We will share data where appropriate between PWF offices.
- We may also share personal data when it is lawfully demanded by authorities such as the government, regulatory bodies, auditors or police. Similarly, we may share data to protect the security of our database, as a precaution against legal liability, or in the event of a joint venture, collaboration, reorganisation or similar event.
- The PWF website is hosted on servers in the UK. PWF maintains appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information against loss or misuse.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep data in accordance with regulatory obligations and good practice. The time depends on the nature of the information. The time also may change. We endeavour not to keep your data for any longer than is necessary.
Access to personal information
You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold personal information about you we will: give you a description of it; tell you why we are holding it; tell you who it could be disclosed to; and provide you with a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
Links to other websites
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website's computer and stored on your computer's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website's features. Each browser is different; so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Your rights include: the right to erasure of data, to rectify data, to access data, the portability of data, to withdraw consent to processing, to object to processing and to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
If you receive a marketing email you will be provided with an automated way to unsubscribe.
Enquiries about data collection
We aim to meet the highest standards in the handling of personal information. We take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. If you wish to complain about our handling or personal information or enquire about our use of personal information collected via our website, please address your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.