Our trade mark attorneys are highly experienced and offer a flexible commercial approach that is adapted to your needs and budget.
We work across all industries, for everyone from individuals and SMEs to large multinationals, helping with clearance, protection, maintenance and enforcement of various intellectual property rights. These include trade marks, designs, copyright and domain names. We work with clients, their lawyers and agents.
Our services include portfolio management, advice on filing strategies, third party disputes, oppositions and settling disputes, and include:
- clearing a brand to check its availability for use and registration;
- register and in-use (common law) searches;
- advice on filing strategies;
- dealing with issues on examination; and
- registration of trade marks.
Once a trade mark is granted, we can provide you with infringement opinions, including handling and negotiating third party disputes, drafting settlement agreements and preparing cease and desist letters (letters before action).
We also offer trade mark portfolio services, including:
- keeping details of your trade marks on our records and advising you on their registration and renewal;
- change of name or address; and
- transfer of trade mark ownership (assignment).
We are proficient in investigating third parties and their use of brands. We have great skill in finding details about third parties using social media and all other resources. We have many years’ experience of investigations. Where a client wishes it, we can also call on the support of external professionals.