Fri 14th Apr 2023
Westminster Legal Policy Forum
On 18 April 2023, partner and expert European Patent Attorney Virginia Driver will be speaking at the online Westminster Legal Policy Forum,outlining the effect of the Retained EU Law Bill on the UK IP legal framework.
Virginia will be speaking alongside:
- Camilla de Coverly Veale, Policy Director at The Coalition for a Digital Economy;
- Robert Pocknell, Board Member at Fair Standards Alliance; and
- Stacey Arnold, Policy and Public Affairs Manager at Creative UK.
The panel of leading experts will present the latest thinking on options for tailoring IP law to the UK, and considering how a reformed IP framework might align with national objectives for innovation and encourage growth in creative and technical industries across all sectors.
Key topics on the agenda include:
- next steps for the Intellectual Property Office in terms of strategy, services, and organisation;
- key priorities for IP regulation in the UK;
- positioning the UK in the international IP landscape;
- IP considerations for artificial intelligence and emerging technology, balancing protections and innovation, and planning for future technologies; and
- looking ahead to the future of IP - digital and crypto assets, the metaverse, and opportunities for creating agility for the IP system.
Read more online about the event and how to book your place.