Wed 15th Mar 2023
Workshop: Andy McKinlay to speak about AI ethics at AI Accelerator in Leeds
On 20 March 2023, partner Andy McKinlay will be speaking at a workshop session of AI Accelerator, an initiative launched by AI Tech UK, exploring the challenges and opportunities of navigating AI ethics in today's rapidly changing technological landscape.
Date: 20 March 2023
Time: 1pm – 5pm
Venue: Platform, New Station Street, Leeds, LS1 4JB
During the session, questions Andy will be considering include:
- what ethical guidelines and regulations exist around the use of AI, and how can they be improved?
- what needs to be improved to build ethical and transparent AI? and
- how can we ensure that AI is being used in a way that aligns with our business/product's values and ethical principles?
The AI Accelerator programme was created to introduce artificial intelligence into small businesses and start-ups eco-systems in Leeds. The sessions showcase how AI can benefit all businesses through mentoring, expert advice, practical, and interactive support.
Speakers alongside Andrew include:
- Sherin Mathew, the founder of AI Tech UK; Human Rights to intelligence and Open Ethics; and
- Lisa McClory, Senior Consultant at D2 LegalTech.
This briefing is for general information purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice relating to your particular circumstances. We can discuss specific issues and facts on an individual basis. Please note that the law may have changed since the day this was first published in March 2023.