Tue 9th Mar 2021
A new beginning – Taryn Byrne to attend the CITMA Spring Conference – 25 March 2021
On 25 March 2021, partner Taryn Byrne will be attending the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys Spring Conference to gain new insights on the impact of Brexit on intellectual property.
The conference will focus on the shifting landscape of trade mark law and how these changes will impact attorneys in the profession. Notable speakers include:
- Natasha Chick, divisional director at the UK Intellectual Property Office;
- Richard Goddard, president of the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys;
- Kate O’Rourk, past president of the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys;
- David Llewellyn, Head of Trademarks at Arm Limited; and
- Juan Rodriguez Guerra, senior legal counsellor at the World Intellectual Property Organisation.
Key topics to be explored include:
- an update on EU and UK case law;
- in-house perspectives on the impact of Brexit;
- building back better and the role of the IPO;
- intellectual property litigation after Brexit;
- what’s new in the Madrid System for the international registration of trade marks? and
- looking at a post Brexit future.
This briefing is for general information purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice relating to your particular circumstances. We can discuss specific issues and facts on an individual basis. Please note that the law may have changed since the day this was first published in March 2021.