Fri 20th Jan 2023
Andrew McKinlay presents how to patent software, AI, and blockchain for Innovate UK EDGE
On 24 January 2023, UK and European patent attorney Dr. Andrew McKinlay is presenting a webinar outlining which type of software inventions are patentable for Innovate UK EDGE.
The key topics Andrew will discuss include:
- an introduction to patents;
- why only certain types of software inventions are patentable;
- the tests applied to software inventions by the UKIPO and the EPO;
- examples of software inventions that meet the requirements, including examples in AI and Blockchain; and
- software inventions that do not.
Free IP consultation
Andrew has worked in the IP profession since 2013 and specialises in advising businesses in a wide range of computer implemented technologies on all aspects of their intellectual property strategies for AI, blockchain, data science and machine learning.
If you would like 1-to-1 advice about obtaining a patent for software, please contact Andrew via email@example.com to arrange a free initial consultation. All discussions will remain confidential.
This briefing is for general information purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice relating to your particular circumstances. We can discuss specific issues and facts on an individual basis. Please note that the law may have changed since the day this was first published in January 2023.