Wed 25th Jan 2023
A post-pandemic IP workout: Kelda Style to attend AIPLA Mid-Winter Institute in San Diego
From 31 January 2023 – 3 February 2023, European patent attorney Kelda Style will be attending the AIPLA Mid-Winter Institute in San Diego, CA, fitting in a post-pandemic IP workout and examining IP through the lens of health, sports and wellness.
Innovation in fitness, sport and wellness technology boomed during Covid-19 as inventors created new products and solutions that helped us improve our health without leaving our homes. The AIPLA meeting will consider ongoing and emerging intellectual property challenges for the health & fitness industry, and highlight IP issues that impact how we exercise, play sports, and even our motivation to lead healthier and active lifestyles.
Key topics on the agenda include:
- IP and data issues for wearable devices and environments;
- IP protection for sneakers and other fitness apparel;
- NIL licensing of name, image, and likeness;
- IP challenges and opportunities for pro athletes and sports teams; and
- IP and regulatory issues surrounding nutritional products in the U.S. and beyond.
There will also be wellness sessions in keeping with the theme, such as yoga and a 3k ‘Fun Run’.
This briefing is for general information purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice relating to your particular circumstances. We can discuss specific issues and facts on an individual basis. Please note that the law may have changed since the day this was first published in January 2023.