Thu 15th Sep 2022
Career insights from IP experts at Leeds Digital Careers Festival
On 15 September 2022, the team was at Leeds Digital Careers Festival sharing the vast range of opportunities available in the intellectual property sector with students, graduates and others looking to explore options for a career in digital technologies.
At Page White Farrer, our attorneys work with a wide range of technology clients from well-known blue-chip organisations to lone inventors and start-ups. We also work with a diverse range of technologies and products, including:
- 5G and telecommunications;
- artificial intelligence;
- audio and video coding;
- blockchain technology;
- data mining, encryption and security;
- gaming and virtual reality;
- processor architecture;
- robotics and autonomous vehicles;
- software; and
- wireless technologies.
Technical assistants Emma Berry and Lewis Inchley shared their career insights on:
- protecting intellectual property rights for digital tech;
- working with inventors to guide, identify and protect innovation;
- contributing to growth and business strategy in tech businesses;
- supporting tech entrepreneurs, startups and SMEs with their IP portfolio;
- training, qualifications and the career ladder; and
- what to expect as a trainee patent attorney at Page White Farrer.
This briefing is for general information purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice relating to your particular circumstances. We can discuss specific issues and facts on an individual basis. Please note that the law may have changed since the day this was first published in August 2022.