Mon 22nd Aug 2022
JP Ruuskanen represents Page White Farrer at 2022 AIPPI World Congress
European, UK and Finnish patent attorney, Juha-Pekka Ruuskanen will be attending the 2022 AIPPI World Congress in San Francisco from 10-13 September 2022.
The AIPPI, or the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property, is dedicated to the development and improvement of laws and policy related to IP protection.
At the Congress, there will be a wide range of panel sessions involving experts from around the world who be sharing and exchanging their insights on various areas of IP. Key topics on the agenda include:
- significant developments in IP law;
- implications of Covid-19 on IP and R&D in vaccine technology;
- Bolar exemptions and patent linkage systems in multiple jurisdictions;
- use of third party trade marks in films, games and books;
- copyright and related rights in news media;
- the importance of IP and technology in global megatrends;
- impact of clinical trials on pharmaceutical patenting;
- real world IP issues in the metaverse;
- IP best practice for trademarks, copyrights, and designs in online marketplaces;
- copyright in graffiti and street art; and
- the state of diversity and inclusion in the IP profession.
There will also be a Unified Patent Court ‘bootcamp’, providing an update on the current status of the UP and UPC. The session will also provide a practical overview of the UPC structure and procedures to enable IP practitioners to understand the implications of the new system.
This briefing is for general information purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice relating to your particular circumstances. We can discuss specific issues and facts on an individual basis. Please note that the law may have changed since the day this was first published in August 2022.