Mon 7th Oct 2019
Taryn Byrne and Oliver Spies attend autumn PTMG conference in Berlin
European trade mark attorneys Taryn Byrne and Oliver Spies recently attended the autumn Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group conference in Berlin, Germany.
The topics up for exploration included:
- data privacy – new challenges for pharma and their brands;
- managing a pharmaceutical trademark portfolio in Africa;
- intellectual property tax strategies;
- protection for well known trade marks and bad faith applications in China;
- securing a level playing field in the EU with the new copyright directive;
- the inhouse trade mark function;
- software disputes in the pharmaceutical industry; and
- botanicals – an update on regulatory status, health claims and trade marks.
If you missed any of the presentations and would like to review the slides, please click here to download.
This briefing is for general information purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice relating to your particular circumstances. We can discuss specific issues and facts on an individual basis. Please note that the law may have changed since the day this was first published in October 2019.