Thu 10th Sep 2020
Webinar - Maximising the value of tech businesses by guarding software innovation with intellectual property
Virginia Driver and Tom Woodhouse presented a free webinar for Bruntwood SciTech alongside Paul Berwin and Sam Crich of Berwins Digital. They explored how tech businesses can maximise their value by using intellectual property to guard software innovation.
Too often, entrepreneurs give away their cornerstone innovation to competitors by making assumptions about how intellectual property rights are established and owned. The panel of experts looked at:
- the protection given by both copyright and patents in the software sector;
- the benefits and issues with opensource software;
- what a well written licence and SaaS agreement can achieve;
- what opensource licenses can do, or undo; and
- how trade marks can be at the core of a business’ brand (and how it can go wrong).
To watch the webinar in full, please click here or on the video below:
This briefing is for general information purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice relating to your particular circumstances. We can discuss specific issues and facts on an individual basis. Please note that the law may have changed since the day this was first published in August 2020.