Thu 5th Nov 2020
Webinar: Who owns your idea? - Leeds Library Tech Talks
Expert patent attorneys Virginia Driver and Tom Woodhouse of Page White and Farrer presented a webinar as part of the Tech Talks series by Leeds Libraries and the Leeds Business and IP Centre.
Virginia and Tom explored a common question from inventors: ‘Who owns your idea?’ and discussed some key issues, including:
- how to recognise that you have made a protectable innovation;
- what steps should be taken to ensure you keep ownership of your ideas;
- busting common myths that may result in protectable innovation being given freely to the public;
- identifying into which category of innovator you fit; and
- what you can and should do next.
You can watch the webinar in full by clicking here or on the video below:
This briefing is for general information purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice relating to your particular circumstances. We can discuss specific issues and facts on an individual basis. Please note that the law may have changed since the day this was first published in November 2020.