Mon 16th Nov 2020
Webinar: Using IP to guard software innovation - Sheffield Digital Festival
Patent attorneys Tom Woodhouse and Virginia Driver gave a talk on how intellectual property protection can safeguard software innovation and increase the value of a tech business as part of Sheffield Digital Festival.
The presentation was presented with Paul Berwin and Sam Crich of Berwins Digital who explored the role intellectual property can play for tech businesses. Tom and Virginia discussed patents for software and technology innovation, including;
- the protection given by both copyright and patents in software;
- the benefits and issues with opensource software;
- what a well written licence and SaaS agreement can achieve;
- what opensource licenses can do, or undo; and
- how trade marks can be at the core of a business’ brand (and how it can go wrong).
Click here to watch the webinar or on the video below:
For more information about other events at Sheffield Digital Festival, please click here.
This briefing is for general information purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice relating to your particular circumstances. We can discuss specific issues and facts on an individual basis. Please note that the law may have changed since the day this was first published in November 2020.