Fri 20th May 2022
Designing the future – James Cornish attends ECTA conference 2022
Trade mark expert James Cornish will be heading to Copenhagen for the European Communities Trade Mark Association’s 40th annual conference from 15-18 June.
The theme of the conference is ‘Designing the Future’ and will take a close look at key topics and issues relevant to IP professionals in the evolving modern environment. There will be discussions on:
- IP licensing;
- tips for trade mark appeal proceedings,
- IP for start ups;
- data and intangible assets;
- ethical and practical aspects of using the AI tools;
- preparing for interest based solutions dispute management;
- practical IP issues for new generations;
- latest IP news and trends; and
- key EU case law developments.
Notable key speakers include:
- Anette Rasmussen, ECTA President;
- Sune Stampe Sorensen, director general of the Danish Patent and Trademark Office;
- Giuseppe Bertoli, director of the Boards of Appeal Operations at the European Intellectual Property Office; and
- Gregoire Bisson, director of The Hague Registry at the World Intellectual Property Organisation.
The conference also provides an opportunity to network with other trade mark and IP professionals from across the Europe.
ECTA is an organisation with more than 1500 members which promotes the knowledge and professionalism of IP professionals and the IP law community in trade marks, designs, copyright and other intellectual property rights, within the European Union.
This briefing is for general information purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice relating to your particular circumstances. We can discuss specific issues and facts on an individual basis. Please note that the law may have changed since the day this was first published in May 2022.