Wed 28th Sep 2022
Page White Farrer trade mark attorneys attend PTMG’s 100th conference in Portugal
European trade mark attorneys James Cornish and Oliver Spies will be attending the autumn Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG) conference in Lisbon, Portugal from 5-8 October 2022.
The conference marks PTMG’s 100th meeting and key topics on the agenda include:
- the US Trademark Modernization Act;
- the US Drug Supply Chain Security Act versus the EU Falsified Medicines Directive - how to comply with both.
- challenges presented by the regulatory environment and cluttered registers of trade marks in Europe;
- gTLDs and protecting your brand online;
- the complexities of protecting trade marks in sanctioned or embargoed countries;
- managing a pharmaceutical trade mark portfolio in the Middle East;
- challenges of anti-counterfeiting in the MENA region;
- how and why the world’s IP offices are ramping up high tech tools; and
- diversity and inclusion in our pharma trade mark workplace.
Founded in 1970, the Pharmaceuticals Trade Marks Group brings together professionals from across the word to discuss current issues relating to the law and practice of trade marks and other intellectual property which affect pharmaceutical and related industries.
This briefing is for general information purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice relating to your particular circumstances. We can discuss specific issues and facts on an individual basis. Please note that the law may have changed since the day this was first published in September 2022.